When it came time for me to decide what I wanted to do with my life, I thought of the time I myself was a patient in physical therapy. Having knee surgery as a teenager seemed like the ‘end of the world’ at the time, but it has given me so much more in return than I even thought possible. I remember thinking 'this is something I would enjoy…meeting different people, learning about the human body, being involved in athletics, and getting to help others'. From that point on, with every individual I am able to help and the further I progress in my career, the more thankful I am to have had that surgery and its introduction to the profession of physical therapy. I have always wanted to provide high-quality care to the members of Lewis County and surrounding communities in which I was raised. After taking a few years to gain experience I have started my own clinic, Journey Physical Therapy PLLC, with this goal in mind. I look forward to the coming years of dedicated care.
- Clarkson University: Doctorate of Physical Therapy 2011
- Bachelors of Science, Biology with Distinction 2008
- Minor in Cognitive Neuroscience
- Beaver River Central School 2005
- Certified Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy 2018
- American Physical Therapy Association: 2008-2015
- Orthopedic Section: 2011-2013
- Aquatics Section: 2012-2013
- NY Physical Therapy Association: 2008-Present
- The Mckenzie Institute USA
Ever since I was little, I knew that I wanted to be in the medical field. I love learning about the human body and meeting new people. I was accepted into the Registered Nurse program at Jefferson Community College and after one semester, I knew it wasn’t the right fit for me. I wanted to be able to spend more time with patients so I could get to know them and help aid them in their recovery. I looked into the Physical Therapist Assistant program at SUNY Canton and fell in love with the profession the first day of classes. I am fortunate to be working here at Journey Physical Therapy PLLC close to my home and family. I look forward to providing high-quality care to the members of this community!
- SUNY Canton: Associate’s in Applied Science; Physical Therapist Assistant 2015
- Watertown High School 2010
- McKenzie Institute USA: Lumber, Cervical & Thoracic Spine
- American Physical Therapy Association 2013 – present
- NY Physical Therapy Association 2013 – present
Eliza was raised in Lewis County, graduating from South Lewis High School in 1996. She lives locally with her husband and 6 boys. She is active in her church and stays busy with her athletic and talented children! She currently practices at Journey as a part time therapist to help with our growing number of patients. Currently, Eliza is furthering her education with specialized training in the McKenzie Method which is used extensively in the clinic. She also completed a post professional bridging program to obtain her Doctorate of Physical Therapy.
- Utica College; Doctorate of Physical Therapy 2022
- Utica College: Bachelor's Of Science: Physical Therapy 2000
- South Lewis High School 1996
- McKenzie Institute USA: Lumbar Spine